Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tattoos and tanning salons?

I have three tattoos and i would like to go to the tanning salon a couple times to build up a base tan for a wedding in a couple months. Is there any kind of product i can use to help protect my tats w/o ruining them or make them fade.Tattoos and tanning salons?
a) tanning beds are terrible for your health.


b) UV light makes the cells that hold that ink break up, and the colours bleed. which eventually looks awful.


c) if you're going to do it anyhow, SPF 75+Tattoos and tanning salons?
sunblock with an spf of 45 or better uva and uvb to cover the tats as long as they are healed, if not, skip the tanning, i have always done this and my oldest tat looks as fresh as my newest. mos of my ink is colors hat range from white to black, with blues, reds, yellows, and many in between
i have three tattoos also and when i got my first two the guy told me to put sun protectant lip balm on them before i tan. he said it will still allow the skin around your tats to tan but it will also protect them from things like fadeing. hope this helps!
Get a high SPF sunscreen stick. That way you can cover just the art and have control over where you put the sunscreen. I always use SPF 50 or higher.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment