Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much should you tip the beauty salon people who do manicures/pedicures?

I recently had a mani/pedi combo done, that cost $38. There was a girl doing my hands, then one doing my feet. They did a good job. How much is a good tip for them each?How much should you tip the beauty salon people who do manicures/pedicures?
About 7 or 8 bucks, because they did a really good job. Most people just do 5 bucks tip.How much should you tip the beauty salon people who do manicures/pedicures?
Yeah, if I had to touch someone's feet I'd want it to be *a lot*...
$5 For both of them would be fine! 10 to 15 % of the cost is good enough! More importantly you should treat them well! Kind words, praise, etc!!!
Normally I tip $10 for my feets (I'm a guy and ok with getting pedicures). I'd probably do the same for the hands. You want to take care of these people, they are making you look good by working pretty hard.
I tip 20%
the first time I get a pedicure/manicure from a new salon I will give them over 50% but that is so they will know I will pay them better for a good job. If the job isn't as good the next time I will drastically drop it. But standard should always be 15% (10% says cheap and 20% says push over- more than 20% says take care of this person and they'll put your kids thru college every time they come in). I do the same thing with my hair salon too. But this is something that I value most about my appearance and I will budget the money to make that possible. I'm not rich but its SO WORTH IT! Hope that helps
5$
I stick with the 20%-%30 on this. In this case that would be $8-$12 total. Keep in mind what you are paying and what it's for. It probably took about 30 minutes. So you are paying someone $40 an hour already. They don't actually get that but the owner does. A lot of that goes to over head but the fact still remains that is how much an engineer gets paid an hour and these people are just cleaning your nails. I still do a tip when I get mine done because the worker usually doesn't get that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment