Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where do you start when finding a salon job?

to those that already work in the business and especially owners of salons -





I am a motivated student in beauty school at the moment and am trying to get a game plan together in finding a salon job when I graduate...





so help me out here....





Would sending out letters to salons work? or should I only answer ads that I see placed in the paper? Do salons respect that or feel that it would be overstepping a line?





What is the best way to go about evaluating a salon? Since this business is about clientel, I really want to stay put and not be moving around... How can you assess a group of co workers? Women can be so nice to your face and a few months later, they are talking behind your back....





Please, can anyone help me side step these pit falls and give me advice on making my transition from school to work a smooth one...





PS - I am 25 and female, living in Colorado.Where do you start when finding a salon job?
since you go to the school, you can take advantage of it. ask school. they know some people.


you also can go or call the salon you wanna work. ask them if they are hiring assistant. if they don't, ask them if they know anyone.


its good to work as a assistant first.


good luck!Where do you start when finding a salon job?
Hello ms colorado,





To answer ur ? is by asking urself, what kind of hair do u want to wrk with? Do u want to work with black, mexican white etc. Better said, coarse, fine etc. what is ur market? Are u up to date on fashion? Fashion is a major help on finding what kind of hair u want to do. I've been cutting hair since I was 14 yrs old....I'm 36 now. Hope the info was helpful for u. Don't give up and don't let anyone tell u what type of hair to do or not to do. From Tempe, AZ





jsj :)

No comments:

Post a Comment