Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it more practical to dye your hair at home than get it done at a salon?

I have been meaning to dye my hair 1 to 2 shades lighter. My natural hair color is dark brown and I want it to be a lighter shade of brown, or maybe even an auburn color. But with my long hair length, it will be quite expensive to get it dyed at the salon. So I thought to just buy the hair coloring kit and dye my hair at home. Is that advisable?Is it more practical to dye your hair at home than get it done at a salon?
Hmmm I always dye darker at home, but go in to get it lightened in the summer. For some reason going lighter scares me to do it myself. Why don't you call and find out how much it would cost.


Good luck!Is it more practical to dye your hair at home than get it done at a salon?
Well.. Yes.. It lasts a shorter amount of time, but its cheaper AND comes in many cute colors!!!
It's better to do it at a salon because if you do it at home and you mess up your just gonna have to go to a salon to fix it and then you'll have to pay like two times more than you wanted. I've had it happen to me three times.
yes i think dying it urself is much more affordable with about the same results.....but this is only if ur dying ur hair about 2 shades darker or lighter than it is. if the shade is more than that i wuld get it done professionally. also if ur hair is very long(past ur shoulders) i suggest buying 2 boxes...and using most of both or until u think u covered all of ur hair with the dye





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
yeah it would probably be cheaper to do it yourself at home...just go to the store buy a kit with the shade you want(make sure it's the right one) purchase it...then just go home and do it yourself.


tip:have a friend over to help out if needed
since your going lighter,


i would advise going to a salon,


dying your hair darker is quite a bit easier


than going lighter,


which takes quite a while to do on your own.


there is no harm in trying it at home,


but personally i would say to go with


a hairdresser.
i think it would be more practical, its cheaper and you can actually do it the way you want. Find a towel that you don't mind messing up, and a place that the dye wont stain, and you will be good to go.





If you have dark hair then stay dark, don't go blonde.
yes...you can do it at home,,have a friend help you
I do it at home alot, it works good, but somtimes it takes to trys for the color you want, but at the salon (which i go to somtimes) the results are better, but its up to you.
Don't do it. My friend started to die her hair at home, and she completely ruined it...it never turns out right. It is a lot to go to a salon but the results are so much better and it lasts a lot longer too. You can find a cheaper salon too and it would probably still look better then dying your hair from a box.
It all depends, if you're only doing a minor adjustment, I would advise you not to go the salon, cause' it's really not worth it. I went to the salon last week to get the inside-bottom of my hair dyed black, and frankly, it really wasn't worth $50. I could've done it at home myself, and I wasn't that happy with what they did. They didn't dye enough of the hair and you can barely notice it. =/ That's just my opinion. I went to the salon because it was the first time I ever dyed my hair and since it was black, I didn't want to make any mistakes. But since you're only going 1-2 shades lighter, I would deffinatley recommend doing it yourself. Better yet, get a family member/friend who knows what they're doing to do it for you.





Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment