Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is it dangerous to go into a nail salon while pregnant?

Just wondering if the chemicals or anything in a nail salon was of any harm to a pregnancy? I thought it was, but others have told me no.Is it dangerous to go into a nail salon while pregnant?
As well as breathing in chemicals your skin absorbs chemicals too, why risk it if you're going to the effort of avoiding alcohol, cigarettes and legal and illegal drugs to keep your baby safe?Is it dangerous to go into a nail salon while pregnant?
the chemicals they use in a nail salon is pretty harsh and usually turns into vapor pretty quickly. Short exposures to the fumes won't hurt but prolonged exposure can cause problems to the bun in the oven. it also depends on if they are venting the fumes in the salon and the amount of various chemicals in the air. the question is: how long is too long? i don't really know but i would say if you or someone your with is pregnant get in and get out asap.
I wanted to go to the nail salon with my friend in the beginning of my pregnancy and I called my doctor and she told me the only way I should go in is if I wear a face mask haha. So I didn't go. I take it the chemicals can be harmful. I am sure it wouldn't necessarily hurt the baby going in once but I didn't chance it.
I've researched on this topic for the longest time - I found nothing. The effect of the fumes on the fetus is not known. I've seen pregnant women who WORK in these salons and they seem to be fine. There hasn't been many studies/statistics to prove if it is or if it isn't safe.





I personally, wouldn't go in the nail salon while pregnant...especially if the smell was really strong.
NOt really...its more dangerous to work in a nail shop while pregnant because thats constant inhalation/contact with the chemicals and fumes. But just going to get a mani and pedi shouldnt be too bad.
i wouldn't go to a nail salon if i was in my early stages, the chemicals are not good for a pregnant or non pregnant woman
i went in for a pedicure when i was like ...14 weeks? and my pregnancy's going just fine so far. lol.
I wouldn't go because of the strong fumes.
It's 100% lethal. Such risky work so close to the baby should never be risked
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment