Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Has anyone ever gotten their hair done at the beauty school instead of the salon?

I am asking, because I would like to have a few things done to my hair, that I know would cost a small fortune at the salon. I have heard that I can get the exact same services at half the price by going to the school and letting the students do it. Is that true? And if so, has anyone done it? Would you care to share your experiences? Thanks in advance!Has anyone ever gotten their hair done at the beauty school instead of the salon?
Getting your hair done at a beauty school is usually half or less then what you would pay at a salon. I know at my school if you get your hair done by a student who is working on the salon floor chances are you will get a very good job done. The students have their teachers there to seek guidance and to supervise. Some people do take advantage of the situation though.


I would say that as a student you are very conscientious about what they are doing and if they aren't sure of themselves will seek help from a teacher.


Right now my class is doing a curriculum that requires us to work on clients and offer free services. Everything is free except things involving chemicals, like color. For those services they client ends up paying only for the chemicals being used.


You could literally get a facial, manicure, pedicure, shampoo, cut blow dry and style or for nothing.


Not only are you getting the student's time and effort but you are getting the teacher's time because all of the teachers keep a close eye on what is being done.


If you choose to go to a beauty school please bear in mind that the students are not being paid anything. If you like the services you received for half price please do tip. Especially if you run into a chance like at my school to receive all this for free - a tip really helps to make a student feel good about what they did and increases their confidence.


Good luck and go for it - I don't know where you live but you are in for a surprise when you see what you can get at a discounted price.Has anyone ever gotten their hair done at the beauty school instead of the salon?
I did this once and it turned out great. Then again, I always went to Fantastic Sams to get my hair cut which is so not worth the 16 dollars. When I went they have the consultation like always but their supervisor/mentor is there with them and they talk about the technique they need to use for the haircut you ask for. It does take a lot longer than it normally would because a few times my hairstylist had to find her supervisor to ask how to do the next step in completing the haircut. It's well worth the wait though.
The prices are good! I wouldnt really worry about them messing up bc they do have a teacher that is watching them. and when your finish the teacher comes back and checks it. Also the only thing i would say is to make sure u have up to three hours. they are still learning so it will take longer.
I have had my hair done there a few times. All around they do a good job. The only thing is that it takes twice as long. If you are looking to get your hair bleached and have the slightest amount of damage they will not touch your hair.


Good luck hun
No, but once I went to a dentistry school as a kid and had the students work on my teeth. It worked out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment